August 22, 2007

June 15, 2006

I called the Code Enforcement Office to speak with them about the abandoned swimming pool on the Wick property.

I described the problem as follows: there is an abandoned swimming pool, with a low 4 ft fence around it that children can easily get over. When I see children there, I ask them to leave and explain that it is dangerous. But I am away from home often during the day, and this "attractive nuisance" hazard weighs on my mind.

There is a heavy plastic cover that is held by concrete blocks at the far end of the pool, opposite the diving board. The plastic has slipped into the pool at the diving board end, and it is partially submerged under the surface of the water. I am concerned that a child could slip and fall, get trapped under the plastic and drown.

Britta Mainello, Code Administrator, acknowledges receipt of complaint # 142738. George Coutrayer scheduled to conduct an initial investigation. She said I could phone him for additional information (allow 5 business days).